The client for this team development programme was a senior leadership team from a company that makes educational toys.
It’s a fast paced company with recent growth placing increased pressure on the leadership team. We were asked to come up with a leadership development programme that would enable them to:
- spend time together
- get away from daily pressures and distractions of the office
- get to know one another better
- build trust
- create a positive environment in which to work on strategy
A tailored programme was developed to include:
- plenty of time for discussion to look at how the team could work together more effectively
- a large-scale team building exercise, The Team Machine, based on a fun construction challenge
- the Strength Deployment Inventory to identify individual strengths across the group
Review and discussion sessions pinpointed learning throughout the day, concluding with a “Team Commitments” session that established key follow up actions for the team back in the office.
“Fresh Tracks’ approach was great – they dealt with the team dynamics very well and made sure everyone had a chance to speak.”
Feedback from participants back in the office was very positive: “We have developed a greater understanding of each other from the activities. We spent the following day creating plans for the year and this was made easier by the things we had learnt.”